Every business relies on marketing to attract new customers. Marketing success can be easily achieved through search engine optimisation or SEO. Where SEO used to focus mostly on content marketing and usable website, in recent years it has shifted towards link building strategies that connect different web pages.
A link building strategy should therefore form part of your overall SEO strategy, in the form of backlinking. Building links to your site and to other sites will affect your search engine rankings, and drive referral traffic to your site.
Below we have some reasons why building high-quality links to other websites is crucial for your business marketing strategy.
Table Of Contents:
- 0.1 - 1) You will Increase Your Website Traffic
- 0.2 - 2) You will Improve Your Search Rankings
- 0.3 - 3) You can Increase Your Website Metrics and Overall SEO Scores
- 0.4 - 4) Improves the Credibility of Your Website
- 0.5 - 5) Increases your Overall Income
- 0.6 - 6) Increases your Exposure
- 0.7 - 7) You will Provide Better Information
- 1 - Why you should consider hiring SEO services
1) You will Increase Your Website Traffic
If you build links, you are guaranteed to attract a wider customer base to your business website. Link building for SEO is able to target certain niches in your industry and attract a relevant audience from external websites.
Website traffic is one of the easiest ways to judge the success of your website, and your link building efforts will improve traffic and possibly interactions with your site.
2) You will Improve Your Search Rankings
Search engines will crawl websites looking for relevant information, and based on the information on your site, the search engine determines where you rank in the search result page.
If you want to rank higher in search results than your competitors, you should build backlinks to relevant sites, as well as internal links to other pages on your own site.
3) You can Increase Your Website Metrics and Overall SEO Scores
SEO scores are according to Page Rank, Domain Rating, Domain Authority and more. Through organic link building techniques, you will improve SEO scores as well as your website metrics.
Improved metrics means your website will be more visible. Just keep in mind that not all links are good links – nofollow links will reduce your score and bring into question the credibility of your web page.
4) Improves the Credibility of Your Website
If you have a successful link building campaign, you will rank higher on search results, which means that search engines are endorsing your site as a quality resource. This makes your business more credible and trustworthy to customers.
5) Increases your Overall Income
Simple link building strategies will drive more traffic to your site, which will allow more interaction with your site, which in turn may bring in more customers or sales. You can also use internal link building to funnel people through your website.
6) Increases your Exposure
You may already have a solid client base, but want to expand to a new audience. To do this, SEO experts like Link City and MyContentPal will recommend building links to relevant websites to reach a new audience.
If you are trying to reach a non-local audience, then link building techniques can help you attack people from a different locality, and you can enter a whole new market.
7) You will Provide Better Information
One of the main reasons to use backlinks is to provide your audience with the best information and quality content. If you incorporate link building tactics into your SEO strategy, you will provide your customers with information from relevant websites while also driving traffic from those websites to your business.
Why you should consider hiring SEO services
If you are uncertain how to get started with SEO and link building, you should employ the services of an SEO professional. Below are some reasons why you should hire an SEO expert to help you with link building.
- A professional can almost instantly help you get a return on your investment by driving more traffic to your site, and hopefully getting more business through this increased traffic.
- SEO can be very time consuming, especially if you are new to it. Hiring an SEO specialist will save you time as they will set up your website to make it user friendly and allow it to rank high on search engine results pages.
- You will be able to outcompete and outrank your competitors with the help of an SEO or link building expert.
- Good link building will help you improve your organic search rankings. SEO experts can also help you with buying links to improve your website rankings and drive more traffic to your website.
The importance of link building is undisputed, however, there are different strategies a business can use to improve its search result rankings. By including links throughout entire websites, your sites rank higher and will reach a wider audience.
If you are not certain where to start, you can hire the services of a digital marketing agency based in your area, or even remote SEO specialists, to turn your website into one of the high-quality sites that you see at the top of the search engine results.