Why You Need Analytics
We all know that the purpose of SEO is to drive more users to your website but once they get there you need to know how they behave. It’s no use having hundreds of new visitors if you’re not making conversions (sales). You may find that visitors are coming to your site for the wrong reason, perhaps for information rather than commerce, or that despite having numerous visitors you find they all leave as soon as they arrive.
This is why it is absolutely essential to setup and monitor an analytics package with your site. Analytics has the capacity to help you understand why the visitors to your site may not be behaving in the way in which you’d like them to.
Google tracks how long users who visit your site will stay on it and bases search positioning on their behaviours; so whether they leave immediately, stay for a while or bookmark your page – these are all monitored by Google and used to rank you.
Because of this it’s absolutely essential you are able to monitor visitor behaviour, or the visibility of your site will slip and pretty soon those visits you do have will dry up entirely. Once you know you have a problem it shouldn’t be too difficult to fix it; whether it’s your content that needs freshening up, the layout of the site that needs an overhaul or a myriad of other potential factors.
Talk to an expert today.
- Internal linking – allowing the search engine to flow into other relevant pages of information.
- Add FAQ/Glossary if applicable niche.
- Add keywords to existing content.
- Image optimisation. Alt tag optimisation – descriptive text to highlight what the images are within the site.
- Content and site structure optimisation – additional content focused towards the targeted key phrases to be implemented where applicable.
- Curate and / or create and embed rich media e.g. video, infographics.
What can analytics show you?
- Exactly where your visitors came from
- How long they spend on your site
- What keywords were most successful in attracting visitors
- Which paid ads were able to attract the most visitors
- Which of your pages gains the most visibility and is the most popular
- Which section of your website is making the most money for you
- Which pages visitors click-through and which pages they are choosing to leave on
- And a lot, lot more!
With this incredibly detailed information available to you it’s much easier to make business decisions that can directly affect your bottom line.
SEO Case Studies
Let us help you get your business online and grow it with passion
Mark is an SEO whizz. Look no further for your SEO needs.
Sussex SEO are dedicated, hard working experts who know their SEO stuff and go the extra mile to deliver what they say they will, and more. Highly recommended.
We used Sussex SEO for our e-commerces websites and have seen some stunning results. Mark really knows his stuff, and explains what needs to be done is a clear and concise manner. The free monthly ...
Mark and the team have been fantastic. They make everything so easy and have made a huge difference to our business! Highly recommended.
I have worked with Sussex SEO for years now and their knowledge of correct practices for improving Search Engine ranking and performance is mind blowing.
Being a web developer I have worked ...
Can I just say what an outstanding job they have done with my website.
I am over the moon with what you have achieved here and what you have done so a "massive thank you" to you guys for wha...
I've been working with Mark and Sussex SEO for about 18 months, they built a terrific website for my business, built from the ground up with white hat SEO in mind. I knew from first talking to Mark...
Have A Project In Mind?
Talk to an expert today