Social media is one of the major developments of the last decade but how important is it to your business? Social media is more than just a way to make friends online, keep in touch with family and connect with celebrities – it has a vital role to play in internet marketing and the promotion of your business. Importantly for those of us in the optimisation industry social media is used by search providers such as Google to provide a social proof that is used to determine site authority. It is also a vital component of conversion rate optimisation, link building and as a platform to launch and promote public relations from.
At Sussex SEO we are experts in engaging social media to propel your business into the social sphere. Here are some of the ways we use social media to give your business the boost it needs:
- We can boost traffic to your website by using established and emerging social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, LinkedIn, StumbleUpon, Reddit, Tumblr, etc.
- Social media can provide a ‘venue’ so your customers can share and promote their experiences of your business in a socially accountable manner.
- Google is using social / brand signals as a major ranking factor. Our objective is to capitalise on this mechanism and provide a natural link profile for client’s websites / generate alternative traffic sources.
- Create a regularly scheduled system of social media outreach through platforms such as Twitter and Facebook using pre-approved tweets and posts to create a social ‘buzz’ around your business and services.
- Align the online marketing presence from your current website with a similar social media campaign that can run in parallel offering you a fully integrated method of controlling public perception of your brand.
Talk to an expert today.
Social Media; It Does What It Says On The Tin
Social media is about exactly you’d expect it to be – being social. The approach a successful online business needs to adopt is to harness the content people are interested in and prepared to share, promote and re-tweet. These can include anything from interesting and noteworthy posts about news, novelties and curiosities to images that make use of memes, embedded multimedia content, and reference pop culture, politics, science and any other appropriate information that can create a buzz. The key thing to remember is that to reach out to your customers you need to initiate a conversation with them. The only way to do this is to catch their interest. A successful social media campaign is 50% business strategy and 50% creative thinking – in this way it is a very contemporary science and one which we at Sussex SEO understand.
The potential for social media is unlimited and is one of the best organic means to reach your target demographic.
Blogs are the newspaper articles of the modern era. As the newsprint industry sees its readership rapidly declining it is blogging sites and the social media platforms that contain them which are attracting the majority of these readers. It is more than worth investing in a well written blog that contains stimulating and authoritative content. The better the content of the blog the more readers you attract and the more visitors to your blog site. This in turn can be harnessed to create awareness of your business as well as to boost the page ranking and authority of your website.
Getting The Most From Your Social Media
Harnessing social media involves a lot more than simply setting up profiles on websites such as Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn. These are only going to benefit your business if you engage with the networks in the way they were designed to be used. This involves creating posts, following other users, and pro-actively ensuring you are producing visible activity. At Sussex SEO we take control of your social media output to ensure you achieve the results you desire. We can help to:
- Provide automated tweets, status updates, blog posts and videos all designed to create brand awareness and promote your online presence.
- Create backlinks that will increase the authority and page ranking of your website, as well as attract new users to your existing content.
- Create ‘buzz’ through the creation of unique content by harnessing the language of social media and its accompanying themes – whether through memes, viral marketing campaigns or simply solid, engaging content.
- Put yourself on the map by signing up for local search enhancement services such as Yelp and Foursquare.
It’s All About The Metrics
To understand whether your marketing campaign is a successful one it is essential that web analytics tools are used to measure it’s success. If you are going to invest money in promotion through social media then it’s essential you know if traffic reaching your site is arriving as a result. The only way you can measure the success of social media is through the use of quantitative data; anything else is just guesswork. Using analytics tools Sussex SEO can provide you with the following metrics:
- Audience growth: unique and repeat
- Conversion rates
- RSS subscribers
- Inbound links
- Blog conversions
- Subscription data
- Likes: demographics
- Shares: what, why, and how
- Subscription data
- Sales revenue as a product of social media marketing: ecommerce
Our case studies
Pine Cliffs Resort
Pine Cliffs resort is considered by many the best luxury resort in the Algarve…
Plumbing On Tap
Plumbing On-Tap, part of On Tap Property Services Limited, is Brighton and Hove’s leading…
If you are in need of a low cost, high quality refrigerated vehicle or freezer van, then Glacier Vehicles has got just what you need.
Let us help you get your business online and grow it with passion
Mark is an SEO whizz. Look no further for your SEO needs.
Sussex SEO are dedicated, hard working experts who know their SEO stuff and go the extra mile to deliver what they say they will, and more. Highly recommended.
We used Sussex SEO for our e-commerces websites and have seen some stunning results. Mark really knows his stuff, and explains what needs to be done is a clear and concise manner. The free monthly ...
Mark and the team have been fantastic. They make everything so easy and have made a huge difference to our business! Highly recommended.
I have worked with Sussex SEO for years now and their knowledge of correct practices for improving Search Engine ranking and performance is mind blowing.
Being a web developer I have worked ...
Can I just say what an outstanding job they have done with my website.
I am over the moon with what you have achieved here and what you have done so a "massive thank you" to you guys for wha...
I've been working with Mark and Sussex SEO for about 18 months, they built a terrific website for my business, built from the ground up with white hat SEO in mind. I knew from first talking to Mark...
Have A Project In Mind?
Talk to an expert today